Monday, August 16, 2010

My Little Sponge

It is amazing how much a toddler will pick up from others on a daily basis. My daughter Ainsley has become our little sponge. She absorbs every gesture, comment, saying or anything else she can from us and others around her. My son Anders could really care less. He picks things up, but he would much rather figure them out for himself. Ainsley's newest little comment is now "No Way" of which she says to any and everything. She's had the "no" answer down for a while now, but now has followed it up with "no way"! For example, "would you like to go take a nap?" Her answer of course is "no way" to which she gets her bears and blanket and heads to her room to do as she's told.

I'm not sure where or how she picked up her latest little fun trick which is taking all her clothes off during naps and in the morning or could be night, not sure which. This includes her diaper so when we go to get her out of her crib, she is naked! The first time it was a little funny and I'm sure we laughed which meant to her that she should continue to do this. This has been going on for about two weeks now and it's not so funny anymore to have a stripper as a daughter. Particularly when she pees on her sheets and I have to change them every morning. UGH! We tried telling her to keep them on and how pretty she looks in her clothes. We scold her and anything else we can thing of, but to no avail. Anyone dealing with toddler strippers? No, I will not be getting a pole for my house!

Anders on the other hand doesn't seem to notice that he has clothes on and could care less. He just wants to go run and play and maybe steal snacks from his sister or anyone else who might have something he wants to eat.

Yes, toddlers are so much fun, but now I have to watch my gestures. (Especially to brothers and husbands) and watch how I say things. I'm not a stripper so I'm good on the clothes taking off part, but we are in the cautious mode in our house! Hope I don't stub my toe anytime soon! Crap!

No comments:

Post a Comment