Monday, July 13, 2009

Blessings

As I am typing this today, my two b/g twin blessings are taking a nap. I take this time to catch up on things, clean, breathe, grab a meal, etc. Today I read on a moms of multiples (MoM) website about a twin that died. He was older and they are not sure how he died. I read the heartbreaking account from his mother and just cried. http://martinomadness.blogspot.com

As a Mom of twins, this is never far from your mind. You are warned from the day you knowyou are having twins that you are at high risk of losing one or both of them. Not that you need reminders of this. Everyday I thank God for my two blessings that were born with no problems and didn't even have to be in the NICU at the hospital, but on days like today, I am especially grateful of them because I know how easily that could have been us.

In the multiples community, you hear a lot about loss of multiples either all or one so it is never far from your heart. My husband warns me about reading these blog posts, but it makes me more appreciative of what I have and I don't ever want to take anyone in my life for granted, but especially my two blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment